Canadian Politics from Canada's Centre

Monday, June 12, 2006

Liberal Leadership: Deadline To Join Liberal Party

Save this online in Del.icio.us. [?] Vote For this Post

The deadline to become a member of the Liberal Party of Canada who can vote for a leadership candidate is coming up. So says the Liberal website:

"Membership Cutoff for Delegate Election Meetings
Saturday, July 1, 2006
Last day to purchase a Liberal Party of Canada membership to be eligible to vote for delegates to the Leadership and Biennial Convention"

I'd like to influence the decision with a vote, except that
a) I don't feel it's worth my money, and
b) I don't want to be associated with the Liberal Party of Canada. I used to really respect it, but I find the party is wishy-washy in its support of Israel, the anti-American curents in its grassroots disgust me, and of course its highest echelons have been tainted by scandal.

Sad times for the federal opposition...

If you enjoyed the post, take 30 seconds to subscribe to our free newsletter.
Alternately, consider some reading from the archives.

Related articles are archived in the topical categories , , .

2 Comments:

At 4:17 p.m., Canadian Politico Blogger Hishighness said:

I doubt you'll believe this, but I am a hard core Liberal and I'm not "Anti-American" I'm "Anti-Dubya" The only Americans I dislike are the ones who voted for Bush.

 
At 1:24 p.m., Canadian Politico Blogger lecentre said:

I believe you 100% HH. When I referred to Liberals being anti-american and close-minded, I was specifically talking about Quebec's youth wing, for their stupid comments in their newsletter.

That said, I think you need to distinguish between people and their political beliefs. Consider your entourage, and I'm sure you'll find people who are to the right of your own positions whom you still like. My sister's a Liberal/NDP type, and yet I obviously love her regardless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home