Canadian Politics from Canada's Centre

Friday, December 16, 2005

Bashing Americans is NOT "Progressive"

Save this online in Del.icio.us. [?] Vote For this Post

Yesterday, I saw results of about 51% in favour of bashing Americans for political gain, in a poll at the progressive bloggers' website (I can't link to it, it's too embarassing). Today support is at 30%. If support is greater than 5% by the time the poll closes, i.e. it's not just a fringe phenomenon, I hereby renounce my position in the "progressive" bloggers.
There are a number of intelligent, thoughtful people with PB, but I refuse to be associated with such shameful stupidity as US-bashing. If that's what PB ends up in support of, I'm out.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 a.m., Canadian Politico Blogger Oxford County Liberals said:

The poll in my opinon was worded wrong. It should have been worded "Is it right to criticze American policy while an election ia on?"

Prog Blogs do not officially condone "US-bashing", but we certainly believe that the Canadian Prime minister has a right to defend Canada's positions internationally.
If that means occasionally angering the Bush administration because they dont like it, then so be it. (And of course, some of our individual bloggers will also state they arent America-bashing, but "Bush-bashing"... which seeing what his popularity ratings are in both Canada and the US .. are in good company doing so).


By the way, since I see you're still on our list and I havent seen a formal request to remove yourself, Welcome aboard as a Progressive Blogger affiliate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home