Help WantedSave this online in Del.icio.us. [?] Vote For this Post
We're looking to grow the team here at Centrerion. Contact Shplarz @ hotmail.com if you're interested. In 200 words or less, tell us about your interests and what you can do for our readers and the website. Nothing formal, but be clear. Most of all, we're looking for people with a strong work ethic. Beware, though: this blogging stuff is more addictive than crack cocaine for a skinny blonde supermodel.
Guided Tour: Reader Rewards (Previous) - Carnivals(Next) |
About | Newsletter | Privacy | Interactive| Del.icio.us | Contact
Benefits and advantages include:
- Respect. We understand that a good experience begins and ends with respect. We intend to show recognition through awards, such as idea of the week, site developer of the month, analysis/policy proposal of the month, etc. Politeness (except perhaps in satirical posts) is also big here. Everyone has their dignity, and we know and understand that.
- Interesting work, and the freedom to get it done. We want people who are driven. If you're motivated to work hard, we're motivated to give you fascinating work. Developping a new website and growing it is a challenge, and we recognize that you may have skills we don't. So we're ready to give you work in your area of expertise, but every now and again we'll switch things up and have the web developers write some content, the writers shoot some ideas off on the site design, and so on. Most importantly, you'll have the liberty to get things done. With respect comes the understanding you can do things your way and it'll be a success even if we'd have thought of approaching things differently.
- A sense of accomplishment. If you're prepared to work hard on this, we're prepared to share site statistics, credit, and other marks of achievement with you. See also respect, above.
- Joining an established blog. You don't have to do a lot of the grunt work involved in establishing a blog, because it's already been done. We also have a consistent readership, a name (built at least partly n publication in Time magazine, the Gazette (Montreal's daily English paper), and the Suburban (the Anglo weekly), and relationships with other bloggers and sites.
- Fun way to get volunteer hours done that can also count for work experience. This would be important to people interested in just about any jobs related to the web, plus work in journalism, management, political organizations, and the media (this also applies to studies in these fields... it looks good on an application) References could be provided.
- Enjoy the fruit of the rest of the team's work. Jiggy gets a bigger readership than if he were on his own because we have a readership, and have relationships that periodically send us more. Designers and optimizers can do what they enjoy, and not worry about providing content, etc.
- Money/gifts in the distant future. I have a vision for Centrerion's growth. Even as Andrew, Ryan, David and I redefine this vision, growth will be an important part of it. If we get big enough, we can potentially see some ad revenues and share the wealth. This isn't a promise, but it's an achievable and fun-to-think-about goal. At the moment, as a reminder, things are entirely on a volunteer basis.
- Writing analysis and or satire (including comedy) - If you're a centrist and/or moderate with a good eye for analysis/commentary, you're welcome. Also, experts in health, education (not just post-secondary), particular provincial issues (especially Quebec) and other domains of interest in Canadian federal politics, foreign affairs and economics are welcome. Finally, we're interested in caricaturists, comedians, and other funny people .
- Search Engine Optimization - We're already on top for certain words/phrases, but we want to be on top for more. You needn't necessarily have prior knowledge, since much of this can be learnt, but prior knowledge and expertise would be nice.
- Template and Web Design - If you can build websites that are easy to use, easy on the eyes, and interactive, let us know. It's good experience if you want to join a company or start your own.
- Web promotion - Can you help build our traffic ? Even if you can't we'll happily teach you, so long as you're willing to put in the effort.
- Leadership - People with leadership and organizational skills, preferably with an interest in one of the above, would be appreciated.